All about us
Christine Alleyn Sensei "how it all began"!
Shihan Christine 6th Dan
- Shihan Christine started training in Karate at the age of 9 with her parents Shihan David (Sadly passed away 2019) and Lilian Sensei (Sadly passed away in 2013) and brother Brian Sensei (who now lives abroad). The club has been running since 1978. Shihan Christine combined both School of Japanese and Black Panther to Black Panther School of Japanese Karate in honour of Shihan Dave and Sensei Lilian.
- Chris Sensei is also experienced in Nunchaku, Jujitsu & self -defence which she studied for a period of time . Shihan Chris opened a very successful Karate club in the 90's and specialised in teaching children age from just THREE AND A HALF YEARS PLUS.
- Shihan Chris also has a wide range of 2nd Kyu,1st Kyu and 1st Dan students helping within the club as assisting teachers, who attend teaching courses every year and are very competent in teaching children and adults of all ages.
- Full DBS checked including Barring, vulnerable children & adults.
- Fully Insured both as an Instructor and club
- Family run
- First aiders
- Certified for "Aiming high for disabled children course" including young people with Autism spectrum disorders
Sensei Zina 2nd Dan
Zina first started with our sister club SJK back in the 1990's and has been loyally training and teaching for many years, she still runs the Enfield classes at the weekend and will sometimes take some of our other classes if needed.
Zina has a DBS check and is fully insured.
Sensei Melissa 1st Dan
Sensei Mel comes in to teach most classes and is Sensei Chris's other daughter, she also has a DBS check, fully insured and is brilliant with the younger children.
Dave is a volunteer . He has a history in Jujitsu and military unarmed combat, where he reached Black belt many years ago and bring in those extra skills sometimes to help us expand our skills in the club. He also has a clean DBS check too and is working towards his Black belt in Karate.
WE ARE MORE THAN JUST KARATE INSTRUCTORS - WE ARE HERE FOR ANY PROBLEMS YOU MAY BE HAVING IN OUR OUT THE CLUB AND WE LIKE TO THINK OF OUR STUDENTS AND PARENTS AS FRIENDS!
We treat everyone with the same respect that we expect to receive in return.
Everybody is welcome to join us, young, old, disabled, any race and any sex!
One of the main rules is to never use Karate on anyone outside of the class unless you are being attacked first - Karate is for Self Defence only!
The style of Karate we teach is Shotokan Karate and we start from as young as 3 years old and take anyone of any age - even families!
If your child is not quite 3 yet and you wish to save them a place for when they do turn 3, please fill out our online application form and we will reply with a possible start date and our bank details so you can pay for their 3 week trial in Advance to save their places for when they do become 3 or 3 and a half.
BPSJK Classes Information
Although we specialise in young children, our club
is for anyone who wants to learn self defence and add some confidence to
- We offer a 3 or 4 week trial as this is the right amount of time for anyone
to make up their mind about joining an activity and have 4 special offer
Joining packages with everything you need for Karate to save you having
to search for it all yourself, then you pay monthly, quarterly or every 6 months for lessons or even yearly! NO HIDDEN FEES!
- We take minimum holiday breaks to ensure each students has the maximum amount of lessons to be able to Grade every 4 months. We have gradings 3 times a year.
- We offer long term payment options including 1 or 2 Free lessons and also a Free lesson reward scheme for students who bring friends and family into the club too.
- We take children on from the age of 3 years and Adults too! We have found that Adults and young children training together can be quite difficult for the Adults so we split some of our classes into 2 age groups but do have mixed classes too.
- We take Private lessons which last half an hour and the price depends on which level teacher you have taking the private lesson.
- We do ask Parents to leave once their child is in the class as we have found that the children can concentrate better without being able to run off to Mummy or Daddy! This also gives you parents some much needed time to do whatever you need to do! There is always a waiting area or a glass window to watch the class through so do not worry!
- You may find that although your child has been begging for Karate classes that when they reach the hall, they get a bit scared and refuse to leave your side, the best way to deal with this is to let us take your child into the class and you leave them to us, they will calm down eventually - we promise!
- We make sure we chose classes around high streets or villages so you parents can take time to socialise or grab a coffee!
We give you a little letter telling you what your child will be doing in the class and if we can take some pics to show you afterwards! Don't worry all children are treated with the utmost care!! This being said we do allow a 5 minute settling in period if your child needs it.
Most of our halls have a glass section in the door you can look through - but try not to let your child see you!
- Parents do not worry your children are in safe and experienced hands and there is always a waiting area you can sit and socialise with other parents in next to the hall and we will have your number if anything goes wrong - but nothing ever has!
- We do ask that you try to follow the rules of the Shotokan Karate way and make sure that children take their shoes off before entering the Dojo ( Hall ) and that they bow to all Black Belt Sensei's (Teachers) and if they are late into class that they kneel down at the entrance of the Dojo and wait to be invited in.
- We as a club are fully DBS/CRB
checked and all our teachers are taught and brought up by us in the
club, they started at white belt new beginners many years ago and
progress through their belts and go through teaching courses with us to
ensure they are teaching correctly and your children get taught
the years we've had many people ask us if we will take children with
disabilities and we say as long as they can listen and be able to perform each move we ask them to do, anyone is welcome! We have had children with Aspergers, ASD, ADHD and other medical problems who are and have been very successful within the club!
- Apart from us taking younger children there is something else that sets us apart from any other regular Karate club. As everyone is different and no 2 people are the same we like to treat everyone as an individual and never treat our students like cattle.
We pay special attention to each individual person and help them achieve their belts...especially students going for Black Belt...we never just push them through we let them take their time to build on their work and confidence until they and we feel ready for them to become a Black Belt.